We are looking for a Human Resources Director to join our team and help manage our human capital needs.
Job Description Summary:
The Human Resource Director will plan, lead, direct, develop, and coordinate the policies, activities, and staff of the Human Resource (HR) department, ensuring legal compliance and implementation of the organization’s mission and talent strategy.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains new staff in the department.
- Oversees the daily workflow of the department.
- Provides constructive and timely performance evaluations.
- Handles discipline and termination of employees in accordance with company policy.
Requirements and skills
- Collaborates with senior leadership to understand the organization’s goals and strategy related to staffing, recruiting, and retention.
- Plans, leads, develops, coordinates, and implements policies, processes, training, initiatives, and surveys to support the organization’s human resource compliance and strategy needs.
- Administers or oversees the administration of human resource programs including, but not limited to, compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; disputes and investigations; performance and talent management; productivity, recognition, and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development.
- Identifies staffing and recruiting needs; develops and executes best practices for hiring and talent management.
- Conducts research and analysis of organizational trends including review of reports and metrics from the organization’s human resource information system (HRIS) or talent management system.
- Monitors and ensures the organization’s compliance with federal, state, and local employment laws and regulations, and recommended best practices; reviews and modifies policies and practices to maintain compliance.
- Maintains knowledge of trends, best practices, regulatory changes, and new technologies in human resources, talent management, and employment law; applies this knowledge to communicate changes in policy, practice, and resources to upper management.
- Develops and implements departmental budget.
- Facilitates professional development, training, and certification activities for HR staff.
- Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Master preferred, or Bachelor with relevant years of experience
- Ability to influence and work with various HR leads in different organizations
- Ability to interface directly with executives and other senior leaders
- Proactive sense of urgency and ‘can do’ attitude
- Strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
- Availability beyond routine working hours.
- French speaking preferred
Supervisory responsibilities: All HR representatives across all geographies where the company operates.
Physical demands: N/A
Travel required: When necessary or required, work or travel away from the office or duty station to meet with vendors and partners or to complete assigned tasks or projects.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements: must have the required work/employment authorization/permit.
Please note, that CV and Cover letter are required and should be uploaded as a single file in the form below.