We are looking for a Chief Technical Officer (CTO) to join our team and help manage our organization’s technical needs.
Chief Technology Officers oversee the company’s science, engineering and or technology efforts. Duties and responsibilities include:
- Present reports on the company’s technology status, goals, and or progress
- Create and implement technology strategies
- Align the company’s technology resources with the organization’s short- and long-term goals
- Serve on the executive committee to align technology goals to other departmental and organizational objectives
- Identify what technologies can be used to improve the company’s products and services and also to fulfill the different contracts
- Create and oversee high-level KPIs for the IT department and the different contracts
- Assist in recruiting, onboarding, and training IT managers
- Manage the department’s budget
- Experience managing large-scale projects (PMP certification preferred)
- Setting a vision for how technology will be used in the company.
- Ensuring that technological resources meet the company’s short and long-term needs.
- Outline the goals for research and development.
- Creating timelines for the development and deployment of all technological services.
- Making executive decisions on behalf of the company’s technological requirements.
- Acting as a mentor to the technical team members.
- Maintaining a consumer-focused outlook and aiding in the delivery of IT projects to market.
- Managing technology budgets and time frames.
- Staying on top of technology trends and developments.
- Ensuring all technology practices adhere to regulatory standards.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills:
- Masters degree in computer science or related field.
- PMP preferred.
- At least 8 years working in a technological role.
- At least 3 years of managerial experience.
- Advanced technological skillset and a demonstrated history with technology.
- Exceptional team management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Ability to delegate efficiently.
- Extensive industry knowledge with an eye toward the future.
Travel required: When necessary or required, work or travel away from the office or duty station to meet with vendors and partners or to complete assigned tasks or projects.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements: must have the required work/employment authorization/permit.