We are looking for an Accountant/Financial Analyst to join our team.
Job Description Summary:
The Accountant/Financial Analyst will prepare financial reports to track the organizations assets, liabilities, profit and loss, tax liabilities, and other related financial activities.
- Run financials from the Enterprise accounting system providing monthly reports to senior management, including explanation of variances.
- Review Purchased-Card expense reports for approval.
- Analyze monthly financials to determine proper charging of operating
- expenditures and revenues in accordance with University procedures.
- Participate in budget meetings and discussions.
- Support the CFO by preparing reports, budgets, forecasts, detailed account analysis, and tracking of trends.
- Performs general cost accounting and other related duties in the accounting department.
- Maintains the general ledger.
- Codes invoices, sets up new accounts, reconciles accounts, and closes the monthly books.
- Reconciles bank accounts at least monthly, verifies deposits, and addresses inquiries from banks.
- Reconciles customer accounts and manages accounts receivable collections.
- Verifies payment of invoices associated with accounts payable and ensures payments are charged to the appropriate accounts.
- Provides outside auditors with assistance; gathers necessary account information and documents to perform annual audit.
- Files required tax forms with federal, state, and local government agencies.
- As appropriate, coordinates with software vendor to maintain accounting software system; recommends updates to enhance the accounting software.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications: Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Extensive knowledge of general financial accounting and cost accounting.
- Understanding of and ability to adhere to generally accepted accounting principles.
- Highly proficient with accounting software.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance, or related discipline required.
- Three to five years of accounting experience required.
Supervisory responsibilities: None
Physical demands: N/A
Travel required: When necessary or required, work or travel away from the office or duty station to meet with vendors and partners or to complete assigned tasks or projects.
Work authorization/security clearance requirements: must have the required work/employment authorization/permit.
Please note, that CV and Cover letter are required and should be uploaded as a single file in the form below.